Proper threading?

Norm pmmail-l@musthave.com
Tue, 08 Jun 1999 04:51:07 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 08 Jun 1999 01:22:21 -0600 (MST), Doug McKibbin wrote:

>PMMail/2 (and PMINews) both do not thread 100% correctly.  Too often, a reply to a
>message from, let's say Europe, is placed in the thread before the original.  Is there
>a way to properly thread them so it is sorted "real time", as if it's a face-to-face
>discussion?  Is the notorious TZ problem?
>
>I'm currently sorting by Subject, Date/Time of Message, Date/Time Received.  I've
>tried various orders, but none produces the accurate timeline of a thread.  If anyone
>has this working, please share the secret.

     I know of no 'perfect' way currently available in the program to
deal with this, but what works best for me is to sort on 'date/time
received'.  Although it's certainly not perfect I find it works better
than the rest.

--
 ...Cheers,

 ...Norm

* Brought to you by OS/2 Warp v4.0 and PMMail *
* For a copy of my PGP key send me a message  *
* with "send pub_key" in the subject          *