Proper threading?

Brian Morrison pmmail-l@musthave.com
Tue, 08 Jun 1999 12:27:07 +0100

On Tue, 08 Jun 1999 13:17:33 +0200 (CDT), Achim Baehr wrote:

>On Tue, 08 Jun 1999 12:13:00 +0100, Dr. Martin R. Hadam wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 08 Jun 1999 02:57:41 -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:
>>
>>>    Don't sort by "new".  Sort be recieved date.
>>
>> which version of PMMAIL are you running? I for one don't see a
>>selection "new" in my folder settings' sort priority listbox.
>>

>> Martin R. Hadam
>> Kinderklinik - Medizinische Hochschule
>> D-30623 Hannover
>> Germany
>> Email: Hadam.Martin@MH-Hannover.de
>>

>What about setting your PC's clock to the proper DST (daylight saving time)? In Germany the actual timezone is
>GMT +2, not GMT+1, as in your messages. That's why they always arrive almost one hour --before-- "being sent".
>
>I.e. your above quoted message can't have been written at 12.13 +1 as indicated since this the time it is right now
>here in Germany, and it has been received already some time ago...

It is worth pointing out that:-

1) OS/2 uses an ANSI compliant TZ variable, this is dissimilar to other
systems

2) POSIX compliant systems (the various Unix variants) often insist on
having the RTC set to GMT. OS/2 expects the RTC to be set to local
time, so if you have multiple systems installed, be careful

These issues are hard to resolve. Note that more recent (read beta)
releases of Southsoft products have sorted out remaining TZ errors
where the currently available shareware versions still have problems.

That should be sorted out in the upcoming release.

 'The village populace is jumpin' on faces, catchin' the javelin,
 Headin' the shot.' [FX: wet thud - "Oooo.."]