Proper threading?

Achim Baehr pmmail-l@musthave.com
Tue, 08 Jun 1999 13:53:08 +0200 (CDT)

On Tue, 08 Jun 1999 13:24:29 +0100, Dr. Martin R. Hadam wrote:

>On Tue, 08 Jun 1999 11:31:39 +0200 (CDT), Achim Baehr wrote:
>
>>Unfortunately one still depends on the proper setting of the
>>RTC's of the other senders PC's, which quite often are not right...
>
> hence I don't care too much on the time setting in the threads....
>
>>to only honour the "unread" attribute there is the folder-setting
>>"Read"-Status as first priority, Sort order descending in the folder
>>properties dialog.
>
> This is not correct - "read status" is more than "unread" - it's also
>comprising "replied-to" and "sent mail". Hence your own messages and
>the ones you replied to go to the end of the list, the unread ones are
>on top - and the remainder in the middle is sorted for subject. While
>you might live with own messages sorted out of a thread (since you
>might remember what you said), it's more than awkward that the message
>you replied to is also sorted separately.

I can't aggree: the messages replied and my own stay where they belong t=
o, they are --not-- sorted to the ned of
the list, buit maybe this is a problem of the old version of PMMail you =
are using: Ver 1.96. I do not observe the
behaviour you mention above, using PMMail/2 Ver. 2.00.1500.

btw. this reply is sent at GMT 11.51 +200 (i.e. 13..51 local time, MESZ =
in Germany), written "before" your message
dated 14.24.29 local time....

Mit freundlichem Gru=DF / kind regards / Meilleures salutations

Achim B=E4hr

ABaehr@EPO.NL (office) or A.Baehr@T-online.de (home)