List moved over complete & Welcome letter for this server

Steve Lamb pmmail@rpglink.com
Wed, 09 Jun 1999 09:08:30 -0700

    The list has returned to rpglink.com where it will remain indefinitely
until a sane alternative can be found.  The list address is
<pmmail@rpglink.com>.  Pleace accept my apologies for not fully understanding
what Gary Hammer had graciously offered.  While it was kind of him to do so,
it was not, in hindsight, a viable option nor did I take the time to ensure
that it was an option before making the switchover.  I really hate to have
the list bounce back and forth like this so I will be approaching any further
hosting possibilities with extreme caution so that if the list is moved once
more it will be the last time for many, many months.

    Again, my apologies.

    I have taken the subscriber list from musthave.com so noone should have
been lost in the move.  This is a confirmation of that.  Finally, since many
of you signed up with musthave.com you did not get the welcome letter from
this server which describes the details of the list and how it operates.  It
is below.

     Finally, Gary will be shutting down his side of the list at 6pm CDT.  My
thanks to him even though this did not work out.

- ----------

Welcome...

    Your subscription to the PMMail mailing list has been accepted.  This
list is currently a temporary (but indefinite) place for discussion of
PMMail in all its incarnations.  Please keep on topic as much as possible.
If, in some future time, someone creates a PMMail list on a server with more
bandwidth the user list from this mailing list will be forwarded to the
administrator of that list so, hopefully, everyone will not get lost.  Until
that time, this list should remain in operation.

    Please save this message for future reference, especially if this is the
first time you have subscribed to an electronic mailing list.  If you ever
need to leave the list, you will find the necessary instructions below.  It
is recommended that you save this message, and all other messages from
mailing lists, in a separate folder so you will have instant access to the
information and commands appropriate to each mailing list.

    This list is run using the open source list server called "Listar."

- --- Sending messages:

    To send a message to all the people currently subscribed to the list,
just send mail to <pmmail@rpglink.com>.  As this is an unmoderated list, all
mail sent to that address will be forwarded on to all list members.  Please,
do not send administrative messages to that address.

- --- Logging off the list:

"unsubscribe pmmail" in the body of the message.

- --- Digests:

    This list has two separate forms of digests.  The first will send out a
single digest each day.  The other form will send the individual messages as
they arrive and also send a digest each day, for those who wish to maintain
archives of the daily activities of the list.

    To begin the first form of digests, send a message to
<listar@rpglink.com> with the command "set pmmail digest" in the body.

    To begin the second form of digests, send a message to
<listar@rpglink.com> with the command "set pmmail digest2" in the body.

    More information on Listar commands can be retrieved from Listar itself
by sending a message to <listar@rpglink.com> with the two commands "flags"
and "commands".  Flags are options you can un/set on your subscription on a
list by list basis to modify the behavior of those subscriptions.  Commands
are the various commands that Listar will recognize.

    If you need to get ahold of the administrators of the list, you can send
email to <pmmail-admins@rpglink.com>.  This will reach all of the
administrators on the list.

- --