PMMail won't connect to this ISP's servers

David Gaskill pmmail@rpglink.com
Sat, 19 Jun 1999 21:49:06 +0100

No problem with  Outlook Express. I can connect to both the POP and SMTP servers using
either the ISP's own dial up or via another ISP. PMMail simply says  "Could not  resolve POP
hostname" or "Could not  resolve  SMTP hostname".

I have accounts with three other ISPs on PMMail 98 and don't have any problem with any of
them. The ISP concerned says that his POP and SMTP servers and have no non-standard
characteristics.

The POP server is pop3.lineone.net and the SMTP server is smtp.lineone.net.

If anybody would like to check it out I will send them the password

David