PMMail won't connect to this ISP's servers

John Thompson pmmail@rpglink.com
Sat, 19 Jun 1999 17:54:42 -0500 (CDT)

On Sat, 19 Jun 1999 21:49:06 +0100, David Gaskill wrote:

>No problem with  Outlook Express. I can connect to both the POP
>and SMTP servers using either the ISP's own dial up or via another
>ISP. PMMail simply says  "Could not  resolve POP
>hostname" or "Could not  resolve  SMTP hostname".
>
>I have accounts with three other ISPs on PMMail 98 and don't have
>any problem with any of them. The ISP concerned says that his POP
>and SMTP servers and have no non-standard characteristics.
>
>The POP server is pop3.lineone.net and the SMTP server is smtp.lineone.net.

Try using the IP address instead.  That's always worked for problems like
that for me.  The only caveat is if your ISP moves the server to a new IP
address you'll have to manually change it in the PMMAIL configuration.

John (john.thompson@ibm.net)