PMMail a bit slow on SMTP outgoing mail

Darin McBride pmmail@rpglink.com
Sun, 20 Jun 1999 10:02:56 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 19 Jun 1999 21:53:05 -0700 (PST), Shawn Tayler wrote:

> I run behind an Ascend ISDN router.  I've noticed that PMMail takes a good 30 secs to send an outgoing SMTP
>email through the router.  On the other hand retrieving POP mail is a snap.  Also this problem doesn't appear when I
>am connected using a modem.  Both are PMMail/2 v2.

I don't get this problem when I use my local SMTP server, but get a
similar (but not as long) problem going through the SMTP server that my
cable company uses.  You could always download weasel (look for it on
hobbes or bmtmicro) and use that - it's easy to set up, and it'll go
and send your data in the background.  (And then, if you can get a
static host name, you can get it to work for inbound mail, too.)