PMMail won't connect to this ISP's servers

David Gaskill pmmail@rpglink.com
Sun, 20 Jun 1999 11:20:18 +0100

On Sat, 19 Jun 1999 18:42:33 -0700 (PDT), Paul Wiener wrote:

>Have you tried (just as an experiment) entering IP addresses instead
>of host names for the pop and smtp servers? The ip addresses for you pop and
>smtp hosts are both 194.75.152.209.

Hey, that's fixed it! Very many thanks.

Out of curiosity and how could it be that when the host name is sent by Outlook Express the IP
address is correctly resolved but not when it is sent from my copy of PMmail? What makes it
even stranger is that it works correctly for Peter. Don't think it could be an operating system
thing because it appears that both of us are using NT.

Like I said, never really did understand these computer thingies...

Thanks again,

David