IMAP?

Brian Morrison pmmail@rpglink.com
Wed, 23 Jun 1999 12:09:59 +0100

On Wed, 23 Jun 1999 05:46:24 -0500 (CDT), Dick Reeser wrote:

>On Wed, 23 Jun 1999 10:51:52 +0100, Brian Morrison wrote:
>
>>It may, but I don't count a Java thing as an OS/2 mail client :-)
>
>How come?

I don't like Java. It is slow and I find it very buggy. I have had
little success with Java 1.1.7, basically almost any Java program
causes my machine to trap and reboot. Maybe 1.1.8 will be better, but I
don't hold out a lot of hope.

I want native OS/2 programs, I don't want anything else. As far as I am
concerned the way to make multi-platform applications is to compile a
common code base with IFDEFs for each platform you want to support.
Java will never be faster than native. End of story.

 'The village populace is jumpin' on faces, catchin' the javelin,
 Headin' the shot.' [FX: wet thud - "Oooo.."]