copy, questions: mouse chord click

Brian Morrison pmmail@rpglink.com
Wed, 23 Jun 1999 13:31:49 +0100

On Wed, 23 Jun 1999 14:14:13 +0200 (CDT), Achim Baehr wrote:

>On my OS/2 Warp 4 rev. 9.029 it only works when you select text by moving the mouse keeping LMB depressed and
>then clicking RMB. It does not work when you select a word|URL|adress by double-clicking and holding LMB and
>then click RMB.

That's because the two functions are implemented in different bits of
code. The URL clicking functions are implemented within the PMMail
codebase. The left click/hold then right click bit is done within the
IBM code in one of the system dlls. Once you have done the double
click, the OS/2 system code passes the mouse clicks on to the Southsoft
code and the opportunity to use this feature is lost.

 'The village populace is jumpin' on faces, catchin' the javelin,
 Headin' the shot.' [FX: wet thud - "Oooo.."]