Freezeups

Dave in Phoenix AZ pmmail@rpglink.com
Thu, 24 Jun 1999 10:34:18 -0700

On Thu, 24 Jun 99 08:37:40 -0500, Ray wrote:
>I've gotten dead lockups with the past several versions of PMMail -- infrequently (so I still use
>it) but they've never seemed mouse-related, instead it looks like a screen redraw problem
>here.  Usually it happens when returning to a New Message compose window from another
>app -- just before the window gets fully redrawn everything locks up tight, down to the
>cursor, tho three fingers reboots.

Gee its frustrating I'm sure to find the problem when so many people have
very different lock-up problems and they are intermittant.

On every windows version of PMMAIL (had used OS/2 before years ago without
problem) it only locks up when trying to take mailing addresses from the
address book using Right click to go to Insert Whole Book or sometimes with
just individual names.

By repeating it 3 or 4 times, eventually it works.  It use to cause a total
lock up like yours, but now using Windows98 on a new Dell T550, it just gives
error in user. something.. and I can just close Pmmail.  Before still using
Windows98 on a Gateway P-266 it lock tight and had to do total reboot.

Dave, Liberated Christians, Phoenix AZ
Christian Polyamory Resource Center at http://www.libchrist.com
Promoting Intimacy & Other-Centered Loving Sexuality