Fwd: Reducing disk usage?

Joao Paulo Soares PMMAIL Discussion List <PMMAIL-L@VM.EGE.EDU.TR>
Tue, 9 Mar 1999 20:41:17 +0000

A famous expression used frequently in the British Parliament comes to mind
about the undermentioned comments on windows... Here Here!!

I fully agree with all the  comments on win 95/8. What a load of......

Being a former windows 3.11 and 95 user, the day our company switched to OS2
was enlightening! We have suffered on crash in the last 3 years whereas before,
even though our network didn't crash (it was Novel, not NT!), rare was the day that
any of our terminals didn't have a crash (all used to crash at least once a day,
especially if one was using access!). We now run Warp Server and a mixture of
OS2 and the odd win95 workstations (which still crash). These win95 workstations
are used only for the likes of Corel Draw which you can't get for OS2 (even though
I understand that there are comparable OS2 applications to Corel Draw).

If one only wants a computer at home, then by all means buy windows or better
still, use the boot manager and use windows only if you want to play games. If
you want serious work, use OS2, AppleMac, RedHat Linux etc..

If your car were to crash or breakdown at least once a day, you would demand
your money back, yet you accept the inadequacies of Windows?

Joao Paulo