Fwd: Reducing disk usage?

Joao Paulo Soares PMMAIL Discussion List <PMMAIL-L@VM.EGE.EDU.TR>
Wed, 10 Mar 1999 21:07:38 +0000

On Wed, 10 Mar 1999 10:54:52 -0800, Steve Lamb wrote:

>On Wed, 10 Mar 1999 18:49:59 +0000, Joao Paulo Soares wrote:
>
>>Sorry to add my bit here but even though I agree that windows is perhaps the
>>worst OS one can get, everyone is entitled to their own opinion and most
>>importantly, one should never need to resort to personal attacks, state the
>>facts as you see them but 'cmon guys,
>
>    So, if John Doe said that WindowsNT had no "Blue Screen of Death"
>because it is most certainly hot pink you wouldn't call him on that lie?

No, I would disagree with him if I and try and explain that even though he or someone else may
have change his screen colours or whatever, that as default, Windows had a blue background (if
that is what you mean) or I would, if he persisted, even after repeated attempts at convincing him
otherwise, I would let him live in his or her ignorance. I certainly would not resort to calling someone
a liar. I think that I am above that.

Someone that feels that they need to do this is getting to emotional about something, be it
computer OS's, cars, baseball or whatever. What makes us unique (humans - and don't go calling
me a trekie!), is that we all are entitled to our own opinion and to voice them, debate these
opinions, and decide to either to be enlightened, to enlighten or to remain in ignorance but that is
our right. In the bygone times, we (christians) tried to enforce our beliefs on others (AKA Crusades,
Spanish Inquisition etc) as have the moslems (AKA the Ottoman empire, current affairs), the Nazis
etc.. and all have had a bad ending.

In an ideal world / society, freedom of speech is regarded very important. By all means debate but
don't resort to insults to win one's argument. Wars have been started for less.

Regards
Joao Paulo