Fwd: Reducing disk usage?

Steven M. Scotten PMMAIL Discussion List <PMMAIL-L@VM.EGE.EDU.TR>
Wed, 10 Mar 1999 14:08:31 -0800

>>>>> "Steve L." == Steve Lamb <morpheus@RPGLINK.COM> writes:

    Steve L.> On Wed, 10 Mar 1999 13:09:36 -0800, Steven M. Scotten
    wrote:

    >> If he's never had Win98 crash on him, maybe it's a combination
    >> of extreme luck and shutting down the computer every day when
    >> he leaves the office (save electricity? security reasons? old
    >> habit?). More power to him. Who cares?

    Steve L.> Shutting down would be rebooting, now wouldn't it?
    Steve L.> Which is exactly my point.

<sigh> this is getting tiresome. Yes, shutting down would be
rebooting, but including planned reboots in a discussion about system
stability is not relevant.

Either way, I saw no reason for an ad hominem attack. The only purpose
I could see for calling him a liar is to perpetuate the belief that
people who don't advocate Microsoft products are arrogant and
ill-mannered. Which would tend to sway people's decision *towards*
Microsoft products rather than away from yadda yadda yadda...

I don't have time for this useless thread, but I don't like to see
otherwise reasonable people being bullies in my playground either.

Steve (the other one)