Mail clients in Linux

dodger PMMAIL Discussion List <PMMAIL-L@VM.EGE.EDU.TR>
Fri, 19 Mar 1999 16:13:03 -0800

On Fri, 19 Mar 1999 16:02:22 -0800, Steven M. Scotten wrote:

>And most people, even most Linux users at the present time, don't have
>the experience with such things than I do. I readily concede that many
>have much more experience, including many of the people on this
>list. I'm not trying to boast. Most users don't WANT to compile the
>source code.

I don't know about "most people", but this is certainly true of me.  One
of the things that keeps me from spending more time with my Linux box
(I've done hardly anything since installing the OS) is the fact that I
really don't want to mess with having to compile the stuff I want to use.
I will, because that's currently the way the stuff I want is distributed.
But it is certainly slowing down _my_ entry to Linux.

- Shawn