problem was: (null)

Roger Lindmark PMMAIL Discussion List <PMMAIL-L@VM.EGE.EDU.TR>
Mon, 3 May 1999 23:15:38 +0200

On Mon, 3 May 1999 13:53:35 -0500, Robb Selby wrote:

>On Mon, 3 May 1999 00:19:00 -0700, Kris Sorem Sr wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 27 Apr 1999 20:59:33 +0200, Alexander Sarras wrote:
>This works fine for putting in a subject, the only problem is you don't
>see the subject in the preview pane or list of messages, it stays (null),
>the subject appears when you open up the message.  Reindexing doesn't
>help.  The problem is that the .BAG file for that folder doesn't get
>updated with a subject for that message.  It even doesn't work to move
>the message to another folder as I believe the BAG file is what is used
>when moving the message, since it is what has the filename of the
>message.

I got it working too and in the identical way as Robb. However, I used
it together with the Ultimate Null message filter on incoming mail and
it worked on-line too. After editing on-line the null was still visible
in inbox, but not after opening the message. I discovered though that
the UN filter caught e-mail from the Comm/2 list, which indicates that
it is not safe for incoming e-mail at least for me.

Sincerely Yours

Roger
http://www.algonet.se/~roger-li

 ** TagIt/2 v2.0.1 **

... Shoplifters with the runs take Clepto Bismol