problem was: (null)

Kris Sorem Sr PMMAIL Discussion List <PMMAIL-L@VM.EGE.EDU.TR>
Mon, 3 May 1999 22:24:26 -0700

On Mon, 3 May 1999 13:53:35 -0500, Robb Selby wrote:

>This works fine for putting in a subject, the only problem is you don't
>see the subject in the preview pane or list of messages, it stays (null),
>the subject appears when you open up the message.  Reindexing doesn't
>help.  The problem is that the .BAG file for that folder doesn't get
>updated with a subject for that message.  It even doesn't work to move
>the message to another folder as I believe the BAG file is what is used
>when moving the message, since it is what has the filename of the
>message.

This is why I stated in a prior message to delete the folder's index
(folder.bag) file and reindex. PMMail reindexing with an existing index
file does not update entries that remain valid for that folder (ie the
serialized file name is still in the folder). Under these conditions,
PMMail only deletes entries for files no longer present or adds entries
for files added outside of PMMail. If you delete the index file, you force
PMMail to rebuild the index file and the updated subject should then be
included in the index file.

--
ATB,
/s/~Kris