problem was: (null)

Kris Sorem Sr PMMAIL Discussion List <PMMAIL-L@VM.EGE.EDU.TR>
Mon, 3 May 1999 22:14:47 -0700

On Mon, 3 May 1999 21:47:23 +0200, Alexander Sarras wrote:

>With this you mean: exit pmmail, call e.exe, find the correct message
>(i.g. one of 1918 in one directory), edit it, save it, start pmmail
>again, reindex folder.
>
>No, no way!

No, you do not need to exit PMMail or find the correct message. This is
why I provided a manual filter and provided a Rexx script. PMMail will
provide the file name of the filtered message to the Rexx script. To
repeat myself...
One option you have to correct incoming messages with 'null' subject is:
1. Filter all incoming messages for 'null' subject and move them to a
special folder. (Use an Incoming filter searching for 'null' subject with
action of 'move')
2. Manually edit the subject of each message in that special folder. (Use
the manual filter and Rexx script I provided in my previous message.)
3. Delete the folder index file (folder.bag) for the special folder then
reindex. (If you don't do this the
index file will not show the new updated subject.)
4. Refilter the messages to where they belong. ( This means making all
your
incoming filters manual filters also except your 'null' subject filter).

--
ATB,
/s/~Kris