Another New Feature Request

John Thompson pmmail@rpglink.com
Tue, 02 Nov 1999 22:05:54 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 2 Nov 1999 10:47:27 -0800, Steve Lamb wrote:

>> Tables are gone, formatting with spaces is converted to chaos, etc.
>> Inevitable, I needed to do it by hand. A one hundred page standard was a
>> half day's job.
>
>    And to think, the majority of mine is one keystroke.  Look at how I quote
>you here and imagine how much it took me to do that.
>
>    4 breaks in your, IMHO, poorly wrapped text.  In TB!'s internal editor
>that is ALT-L 4 times for left-justified reflow of the quotes.  In joe it
>would have been ^K^B 4 times to reflow the quotes.  In vim it would have been
>Q} 4 times to reflow the quotes.
>
>    In terms of email, that works.  I really do fail to see why your panties
>are in such a bunch.

For simple text email that works fine.  But Bill did specifically mention
"tables" and "100 page standards" that really aren't simple emails and
can't readily be reflowed by a simple automated tool.  What is a simple
keypress for plain text becomes half a day's tedious drudge work by hand.

I gues the answer may be to attach complex text and other documents so the
formating is preserved.

John (john.thompson@attglobal.net)