Another New Feature Request

Steve Lamb pmmail@rpglink.com
Tue, 2 Nov 1999 10:47:27 -0800

Tuesday, November 02, 1999, 9:33:07 AM, Bill wrote:
> I am suggesting a new RFC and new or modified mail software. BTW, 1-line
> paragraphs are great.

    1-line paragraphs are a pain in the ass.  What your proposing is a
complete change in how email has been done for almost 20-years.  I think that
if it were *really* a problem in that time a change would have been made.

> Reflowing imported text is not as simple as you suggest.

    Yes, it is.

> I've done it for years to adopt standards into my documents and formats.

    You'd think in that time you'd learn how to do it properly.

> Tables are gone, formatting with spaces is converted to chaos, etc.
> Inevitable, I needed to do it by hand. A one hundred page standard was a
> half day's job.

    And to think, the majority of mine is one keystroke.  Look at how I quote
you here and imagine how much it took me to do that.

    4 breaks in your, IMHO, poorly wrapped text.  In TB!'s internal editor
that is ALT-L 4 times for left-justified reflow of the quotes.  In joe it
would have been ^K^B 4 times to reflow the quotes.  In vim it would have been
Q} 4 times to reflow the quotes.

    In terms of email, that works.  I really do fail to see why your panties
are in such a bunch.