The Great "Hard Return" Debate

Paul Ratcliffe pmmail@rpglink.com
Thu, 04 Nov 1999 11:12:38 +0000 (GMT)

On Wed, 03 Nov 1999 23:03:24 -0700, Marty Abrego wrote:

>Unfortunately, netiquette is about a common as holding a door open for
>a lady.

Hmmm, you talk about netiquette and then you add about 15-20 or so
lines of garbage to each of your messages. Is this supposed to be a
sig.? If so, why isn't there a separator to denote that and why are you
400% over the accepted limit on the length thereof? If it isn't a sig.,
what relevance has it to the topic at hand?

---------------oOOo-(_)-oOOo------------------------------------------

>  Do not confuse "duty" with what other people expect of you; they are
>  utterly different.  Duty is a debt you owe to yourself to fulfill
>  obligations that you have assumed voluntarily.  Paying that debt can
>  entail anything from years of patient work to an instant willingness
>  to die.  Difficult it may be, but the reward is self-respect.
>
>  But there is no reward at all for doing what people expect of you,
>  and to do so is not merely difficult, but impossible.
>                                                    -- Robert Heinlein

I suppose you'll come back with some clever answer, but really this
just smacks of hypocrisy. I am not interested in reading all this crap,
so kindly excise it from your posts to this list.