Another New Feature Request

Steve Lamb pmmail@rpglink.com
Tue, 9 Nov 1999 10:38:24 -0800

Tuesday, November 09, 1999, 10:14:40 AM, Bill wrote:
> invisible. It cannot, for example, depend on everyone
> following some obscure 'netiquette'.

    I'd prefer that more people understood proper netiquette.  "Obscure" is
not the correct word.  It is as relevant today as it was yesterday and the day
before.  The problem is that newer software encourages the user to ignore
proper netiquette.

    Of course, I expect such an argument from someone who doesn't adhere
proper netiquette.  Instead of changing his behavior to the benefit of
everyone else he wants everyone else to change their behavior to the benefit
of him.

    Sorry, doesn't work that way.  That is why people don't want to discuss
it.  You'd think over the past 20 years that people have been using networks
and that proper netiquette has worked for all that time that people have
discussed it.  They've discussed it quite a lot, in fact.  A lot of them who
have been adhering to it for years and have discussed it for years just are
not willing to get into one more discussion with one more clueless newbie
(that's you, Bill) who wants the entire network to change to his ignorant
views to appease him.