The Great "Hard Return" Debate

Steve Lamb pmmail@rpglink.com
Wed, 10 Nov 1999 09:29:01 -0800

Tuesday, November 09, 1999, 6:12:01 PM, Darin wrote:
>>> external editor to try, again, I reiterate: the external editor does
>>> not provide seamless support for all of these things.
>>
>>    Neither does the internal editor.
>>
>>> I am currently writing an *email*, not *editing text*.  Sure, from a
>>
>>    You are editing text.

> There we go - the huge disagreement in terminology.

    Close your eyes.

Sir, I think that you're a booboohead of the highest extreme.  Go awah before
I fart in your general direction.

    Up until this point (and assuming I remember PMMail correctly) is it an
external editor or the internal one?  Right now we need to save and send the
message.  This is the only place where the interface really changes.

    What you type is virtually identical between the two interfaces regardless
of what you *SEE*.  Forget all idea of an "object".  An "object" to me is
meaningless, especially when the work needed to do the task at hand is
virtually identical.

    That final <CR> is what puts you into the editor be it the internal one or
an external one.  The editor doesn't provide you with any access to what you
have mentioned.