Email program comparisons

Ken Diehl pmmail@rpglink.com
Wed, 10 Nov 1999 13:18:36 -0500

On Wed, 10 Nov 1999 09:34:37 -0800, Steve Lamb wrote:

>    The filters are somewhat comparable.  The interface for PMMail, IMHO, is
>much more polished.  To me, Eudora Pro is really a large bloated hack that
>doesn't really adhere to the standards and conventions of the net.

The other aggravating thing about Eudora IIRC is that attachments are
stripped off and put in a directory upon receipt instead of appearing
with the note as in pmmail such that one could put it where one wanted.
 I've sent attachments to people that couldn't find them because they
didn't know where to look in Eudora or rather in windows.

Ken Diehl, PhD, PE
Director of Engineering Programs
211 Deloach Hall
University of North Carolina at Wilmington
601 South College Road
Wilmington, NC 28403
Voice:  (910) 962-4079
FAX:    (910) 962-4193