Email program comparisons

Atomic Frog pmmail@rpglink.com
Wed, 10 Nov 1999 11:15:49 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 10 Nov 1999 13:18:36 -0500, Ken Diehl wrote:

>On Wed, 10 Nov 1999 09:34:37 -0800, Steve Lamb wrote:
>
>>    The filters are somewhat comparable.  The interface for PMMail, IMHO, is
>>much more polished.  To me, Eudora Pro is really a large bloated hack that
>>doesn't really adhere to the standards and conventions of the net.

I have to agree. I had the opportunity to use Eudora (after having used PMMail) and my
first thought was: "THIS is main e-mail program that most Windows users have to put up
with??? I feel sorry for them..."
I gave it a really good try, but eventually got fed up with it.

I'm not clear on the net standards, but I do know that Eudora was clumsy and awkward
to use and lacked a lot of the easy to use features of PMMail. (Or maybe they were
there, but hard to find). I'm sure a lot of the features are there, but the ability to use them
easily is another matter.

Isaac