Mail store and forward gateway setup

Brian Morrison pmmail@rpglink.com
Fri, 26 Nov 1999 17:46:22

On Fri, 26 Nov 1999 13:01:07 +0100 (MET), Joachim F. Selinger wrote:

>I tried sendmail 8.x.x but it always does nslookups when doing anything
>even when started with -ODeliveryMode=d meaning defered mode. It
>normally should then only store the mail in the queue directory and wait
>until I send the mail off with
>sendmail -q

Is the DNS lookup causing your machine to dial on demand? I have a
sendmail setup that I used for several years that did what you want,
but I had no DoD arrangement on my machine. I now use Weasel instead of
sendmail, I found the IBM sendmail OK (equivalent to 8.6.11) but the
ports of 8.9.x have given me trouble in one way or another.

If you don't have DoD I suggest trying what I was using. Let me know, I
will forward you the packages I based my setup on.

              do you know how far this has gone?
               just how damaged have I become?
                                      'Even Deeper' by Nine Inch Nails