OS/2 Sendmail (was: Mail store and forward gateway setup)

John Thompson pmmail@rpglink.com
Sun, 28 Nov 1999 07:42:16 -0600 (CST)

On Sat, 27 Nov 1999 22:19:43 -0700, Marty Abrego wrote:

>On Fri, 26 Nov 1999 21:07:57 +0000 (GMT), Dave Liquorice wrote:
>
>>Sendmail config does seem to be a bit of a black art with knobs on. My
>>configs are based on ones provided with mail stuff in various forms from
>>people on my ISP. I also use IBM Sendmail v2.02 on Warp 3. (Yes I know
>>it's ancient but if it ain't broke don't fix it.)

>Well, I've been using the same version for some time now,
>but just discovered that it is suceptible to relays.  Are there
>some arcane sendmail.cf commands that can close that hole?

No; AFAIK you need a newer version of sendmail to disable relaying. IBM
hasn't made one themselves, but sendmail 8.9.3 has been ported to OS/2 by
a third party:

ftp://hobbes.nmsu.edu/pub/os2/apps/internet/mail/server/sendmail8.9.3.zip

John (john.thompson@attglobal.net)