PMmail trap.

Brian Morrison pmmail@rpglink.com
Mon, 29 Nov 1999 13:52:10

On Mon, 29 Nov 1999 12:26:50 +0100 (CET), Erik P. Olsen wrote:

>>>It's 4.00e
>>
>>4.0 had a so32dll?  Hmm, I thought that was only with 4.1 and above.  Regardless,
>>I'd recommend you update it, it's been at 4.02w for a while now:
>>ftp://service.boulder.ibm.com/ps/products/tcpip/fixes/v4.0os2/latest/stack/
>>tp://service.boulder.ibm.com/ps/products/mpts/fixes/english-us/wr08424_conv/
>
>Thanks, I'll follow your recommendation especially since there are a few
>alarming APARs on SO32DLL.DLL.  However, my Warp is UK-English, so I
>thought I better install from the english-uk directory.  I hope it's
>correct when I picked wru8610_conv, it was the latest, but I don't know
>if any synchronisation with the tcpip mods is needed.  Anyway I have a
>backup of my boot drive so I should be able to get back to square one if
>anything strange occurs :-)

Be very careful with wru8610, or indeed wr08610. This is a fix that
installs a 32 bit stack, I have found it to be unreliable in some
circumstances. In addition, if you remove it, things get left behind
that can cause Java 1.1.7 and later to cause a ring 0 trap.

I have stayed with the wr08424 update, after applying wr08423. This is
OK, at least for me. Of course, YMMV.

              do you know how far this has gone?
               just how damaged have I become?
                                      'Even Deeper' by Nine Inch Nails