The 5th PMMail 'Money Talks' Release-the-Damn-Updates-Already Tally Sheet

Anders Gjerløv pmmail@rpglink.com
Mon, 11 Oct 1999 15:12:31 +0200

>>Total amount pledged so far: $875
>
>Whoopee!  That's almost enough for 3 days' salary & overhead for
>one really poorly paid programmer!  That should really motivate
>Bob & Ike to work for weeks or months to fix bugs and prepare
>a new update.
Well - what an optimist :o) Agreed - it's not a lot. But this list is
ONLY for people that are on this mailing list (which is not an official
list BTW), that already have PMMail/98 or PMMail/2 in the latest
version, that are willing to pay for an upgrade that - AFAIK - is ready
for release (or very close to anyway). I know of three to four people
not on this list, that would pay for an upgrade, and I might even be
willing to pay for the Windows upgrade as well (still considering that
one). I think that there is a decent amount of money in releasing
PMMail - if it's ready. If not, then why don't they just say: "Look
folks - we don't have the time, and it's not paying the bills for us
anymore, so there won't be a new version - sorry!" At least that's an
honest statement, that one can like or not. But we would know what we
have.

Just a thought - *If* Southsoft can't find the time to work on PMMail
anymore, why don't they sell the product? Maybe to a company like
Stardock. I think that it's vital for PMMails future that the product
at least gets *some* attention to bugfixing, and improvements.

Regards,
Anders