Program Applications and Attachments

John M Price, PhD pmmail@rpglink.com
Wed, 13 Oct 1999 20:30:42 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 14 Oct 1999, Trevor Smith wrote:

> On Wed, 13 Oct 1999 15:17:28 -0700 (PDT), John M Price PhD wrote:
>
> >I then typed the full path to the program, F:\EEE\E.EXE (which is on the
> >path in config.sys) and still, a WinOS2 error.  I moved the %s to the
> >program line, and I get, yep, a WinOS2 error.
>
> FWIW, I had this problem at one time.  I could never solve it but
> then one day, it stopped.  Shrug.

I found it.  Apparently the default .txt program is NOTEPAD!!!!!

Now I am perplexed about 1) why that overrode the mime settings in
PMMail/2; and 2) how the hell to reset the .txt file association system
wide (I've forgotten....

> >JPGs work, GIFs don't.  Go figure.  PMView is registered for all picture
> >files, both within and without PMMail.  (Oh, and it is registerd withthe
> >authors as well!)
>
> And also, FWIW, I currently have this problem.  GIF and JPG work fine
> but I am at a loss trying to set up a new MIME type, like .PNG.
> Sigh.

Well, I've set them up, but htey are overridden by somehting else it
seems.

--
John M. Price, PhD                                     jmprice@calweb.com
Life: Chemistry, but with feeling!      |      PGP Key on request or FTP!