Filter question

Brian Morrison pmmail@rpglink.com
Fri, 15 Oct 1999 17:56:20 +0100

On Fri, 15 Oct 1999 12:35:26 -0400, Ken Diehl wrote:

>Sorry if this has been discussed before - I might have even brought it
>up in the distant past.
>
>I have a dozen people or so in one department that I regularly
>correspond with.  I have folders and simple from/to filters for them
>all and this works fine if one person sends mail to me only.  At
>various times, one of the correspondents will send an email to several
>other people myself included.  I would like the mail they send to go
>into their folder.  However, if one of the recipients happens to be
>higher on the filter list that the sender then their mail goes into the
>recipients folder and not the senders.  Does anyone know of a way to
>get around this without having to resort to a lengthy complex filter?

Pardon me if I'm being dense, but if you just sort using the From:
header, what you desire will happen anyway won't it? The recipients
will be in the To: or Cc: header and if you don't use that in the
filter the destination of the mail will be ignored.

              do you know how far this has gone?
               just how damaged have I become?
                                      'Even Deeper' by Nine Inch Nails