Bugs & Feature Status in Updates?

Jim Hruska pmmail@rpglink.com
Sat, 16 Oct 1999 03:47:07 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 16 Oct 1999 01:05:45 -0400 (EDT), Ralph Cohen wrote:

>Hello,

<SNIP>

>=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
>
>Bugs Reported in Version 2.0x
>

>BUG 02:
>Find in Folders Failure - The Find function for searching folders in
>PMMail/2 doesn't properly and completely search subfolders.

It appears that this is fixed... at least I had no trouble finding in
subfolders down about 4 levels.

>BUG 05:
>Black Boxes - PMMail/2 sometimes prints black boxes at end of printed
>lines

This appears to be fixed... yeah!

>=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
>
>Feature Requests from Version 2.0x
>
>F01:
>Allow the selection of printer fonts independent of the display fonts.

Doesn't seem like this was done.

>F02:
>Provide a 'Monospaced/Proportional' button/keystroke to allow a quick
>switch between displaying mail with a monospaced or proportional font.

Not implemented that I could see.

>F03:
>Allow the creation or assignment of Signatures by folder instead of
>accounts.

Doesn't look like this was done either.

>F06:
>Break button to force a 'Fetch' or Send process to terminate.

None that I could see.

>F07:
>Add a 'Find' function to the Edit Message Window.

There's none that I could find in the edit message window, but there is
in the read message window, just press ctrl-f

>F08:
>Add 'Find' and 'Find_Again' buttons to the Message Read and Edit
>windows.

nope, no buttons for find.

>F10:
>Provide the ability for filters to move messages between accounts.

nope

>F11:
>Automatic HTML viewing of messages in PMMail/2 as is currently done
>in PMMail 98

Don't think so, although I don't know for sure since I don't have any
HTML messages to try, but the web page does still say "with Netscape or
another browser" or something to that effect.

>F12:
>Provide spelling dictionaries for other languages.

Doesn't appear to be other dictionaries.

>F14:
>Allow the drag and drop of subfolders to other folders.

Nope, still need to use the WPS/Filemanager to do it.

>F15:
>Enable renaming of folders by using the Alt+LMB combo like the OS/2
>WPS.

Nope.

>F17:
>Addition of 'Mark all new messages as being read' to pop-up menu when
>PMMail is minimized.

Nope.

>F18:
>Add CUT, COPY and PASTE functions to RMB pop-up in editing window.

This one is there, and another thing they did was when you have an
email address hilited, it only gives the options that pertain... so you
no longer see "browse" option when you have something other than a URL
hilited.

>F19:
>Allow the printing out of text that has been blocked or the printing
>of a particular page instead of the entire document.

Nope.

>F20:
>Provide the ability to block and reflow-to-the-margins text within
>the Message Editing window.

Nope

>F21:
>Provide the ability to apply Filters under Remote Control (retrieve
>and sort in folders, bounce messages, delete spam, etc.without
>actually downloading it)

Nope.

>F22:
>More effective threading to eliminate PMMail's hogging of the message
>input and queue especially on slower systems.

seems to me to be a little more responsive when loading large folders.

>F23:
>Provide the ability to purge attachments while retaining messages,
>and new list view symbol to indicate that a message's attachment(s)
>have been deleted.

Nope.

>F24:
>Allow a wider range of times for the "Check for new mail every ___
>seconds" setting so that users can choose to auto-retrieve from an
>account once every few hours or even days.  The current maximum
>interval of 3600 seconds (1 hour) is too short.

Nope, still 3600.

>F26:
>Provide clickable column headers in PMMail/2 to sort contents of
>folders (like in PMMail 98).

Nope.

>F27:
>Add the capability for SMTP authentication.

Nope

>F31:
>Allow multiple attachments to a message to be selected and acted upon
>as a group.

Nope

>F32:
>IMAP Support

Nope

PGP Public Key Fingerprint= 7171 AEDE 9DD5 868B 0589  0FF8 2120 DC50 825C F884