Money Talks?

Wilson Rook pmmail@rpglink.com
Mon, 18 Oct 1999 01:51:44 -0400

I can see where in this case you did not get what you paid for.

However, there are other cases where you are getting support.  Netscape is not free -
IBM
paid for it (on OS/2).   In the past two years OS/2 has received a number of fixpaks -
some of
which provided enhancements.

I have received value out of Software choice.  I am using TCPIP 4.1 and Netscape 4.61.
I can also
upgrade (downgrade) my OS/2 Lic to Workspace on Demand.  (this option I have not used.)

IBM and other companies need to make money for the services that they provide.  When a
software
developer released a product, they have expectations on the volumes of sales.  If the
sales are not reached, they will no longer provide that software.  At this point we
have two choices -  We can hold
a hard line and demand that the company provides services at a loss or we can find some
way to
help make it profitable for the software provider.

I would prefer that IBM could sell 25 Million copies of OS/2 and drop the price.  I am
willing
to pay the higher cost os OS/2 for the benefits that it provides.  My other choice is
to pay MS $100 and
inquire $1000 of efficiency loss.

I am not saying that you are in anyway wrong about being dissatisfied about some
services you received.  I am saying that we need to consider increasing our investment
in the products that we
wish to have.  Purchasing Software Choice is one way to to do this.

Wilson Rook