The OS/2 hoopla.

Douglas Tan pmmail@rpglink.com
Wed, 20 Oct 1999 15:50:56 +0900 (SGT)

On Tue, 19 Oct 1999 15:53:02 -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:

>    I dunno about you, but I got a bit miffed by someone characterizing the
>release as "barely rating as a bug-fix".  To me that is a slight against BSW
>because, like it or not, the release is from BSW.

I believe you are referring to my following reply to Alexander Sarras in
which I wrote:

------------------  Begin Quote -----------------

"On Sun, 17 Oct 1999 20:15:19 +0100 (MEZ), Alexander Sarras wrote:

>>On Sun, 17 Oct 1999 12:03:58 +0200, Anders Gjerl v wrote:
>>
>>> * Ability to check mail at greater intervals then 1 hour
>>
>>THAT is definitly still missing in PMMail/2 !!
>>
>>SaS

>Yes.  It was the first thing I checked...a great disappointment, I must
>say.  Are we all agreed that v2.10 just barely cleared the 'bug-fix'
>version criteria?

------------------  End Quote -----------------

I have never assigned blame to either Southsoft
nor BSW.  It was *never* my intention to slight either party.  As Ralph
has pointed out, I merely expressed my disappointment at the discrepancy
between the list's as well as my personal expectations of v2.10 and the
actual release itself.  I was more than aware that I could be alone and
way off in my opinion, which was why I asked if "we are all agreed"...

Having said that, I remain a well-satisfied user of PMMail and am
convinced of its superiority among the mail clients of the day.  I am also
grateful to Southsoft for writing such a useable program and for BSW for
giving it a new lease of life.  That doesn't mean I can't voice my
opinions though, even if they were disappointed ones.

Doug