The OS/2 hoopla.

Steve Lamb pmmail@rpglink.com
Wed, 20 Oct 1999 06:54:46 -0700

Tuesday, October 19, 1999, 8:20:22 PM, John wrote:
> In the absence of a moderator, and since we are all supposedly mature
> individuals here, why can't any person request that a seemingly
> personal/private discussion be taken off the list?

    Because there is ~210 people on the list and at any given time there are
discussions that may not sit well with any of them.  It is a given that when
you join a list there are going to be times when a discussion will not be to
your liking.  OTOH, discussions you have won't sit well with others, either.
I'd rather not have those messages coming through on each and every discussion
because of it and anyone who does send it is, well, rude.

> Pardon me if my inbox is out of sequence, but I have already read the
> "(blush)" exchange between Ralph and yourself.

    I had already made the decision to not continue the discussion with Ralph.
This is evident in that his last reply to me went unanswered yet I was still
clearly sending email for the day if I was willing to shoot down a request for
"moderation" as it were.

    Yeah, we're adults.  Part of that is also trusting others to know when to
stop and until then, using the del key.