Chaotic attachments

Bill Wood pmmail@rpglink.com
Fri, 22 Oct 1999 11:18:47 -0700 (PDT)

OS2 PMMail 2  Build 2.00.1500. OS2 4  FP12

My problem:

I attach a 4-sentence text file to the mail; it has a
TXT extension.

I send it to myself to checkout if all is working well.
It arrives ok except the extension is changed to ATT,
but I can open it and read it, in PilarSoft's EE
editor, I think. First question, who's changing the
file extension?

Next, since it seems to be working, I forward it to
about 10 people (its a pretty good joke), including
myself, and receive my copy.

The name is changed to "UnamedAttachment1.ATT" and when
I try to open it I get an error msg that says, ... An
attachment already exist ... do you want to overwrite?
This is not surprising with everything named
UnamedAttachment.

So I punch OK, and then I get an error msg that says
"Couldn't start external program. rc==2" So I punch OK
again, but not having a clue about what external
program I'm trying to start.

It does not open, ever. Next, I get a msg (sometimes)
that my Matrox Millenium II adapter doesn't support the
requested mode in a window. What? WHAT? I only see this
when I get warped into some WinOS2 app. Is this thing
trying to use notepad? And why?

What in the world is PMMail up to?

Can anybody help? I'd appreciate it. This seems pretty
chaotic behaviour and seems to me to be fairly
criticized as buggy and poorly thought out.

w3

Bill Wood
Las Vegas, NV
wwwood@lv.rmci.net