PMMail 2.10: One improvement

Brian Morrison pmmail@rpglink.com
Wed, 27 Oct 1999 18:06:21 +0100

On Wed, 27 Oct 1999 13:33:11 -0300 (ADT), Trevor Smith wrote:

>On Wed, 27 Oct 1999 17:27:28 +0100, Brian Morrison wrote:
>
>>However, when adding a canned reply into a forwarded message (sending
>>spam complaints to abuse@ISP) the canned reply now overwrites the
>>forwarded message line. One has to manually put in a blank line. Adding
>>a carriage return to the end of the canned reply does not help.
>
>Either I don't understand what you're saying or this is not happening
>here.
>
>I click "message forward", then right-click and insert a canned reply
>and nothing is overwritten.  The entire "forwarded message" block
>remains intact.

Well, when I forward a message, the first line starts with =======BEGIN
etc.

I then put the cursor at the beginning of the line. Right click and
select my abuse template canned reply, and voom! the ==== line is
replaced with the canned reply text.

I have recreated the canned reply, this still happens to me. I don't
know why this would happen, I usually have insert mode off, but that
should not matter if I have a carriage return at the end of my canned
reply. I do, and the <cr> is not inserted so the first line is not
preserved.

This worked fine in the last betas from Southsoft, the first build with
the BSW changes seems to have broken it for me.

PMMail 2000 works correctly in this regard.

              do you know how far this has gone?
               just how damaged have I become?
                                      'Even Deeper' by Nine Inch Nails