Reply from Southsoft!!

Ralph Cohen pmmail@rpglink.com
Wed, 01 Sep 1999 11:25:09 -0400 (EDT)

I just received the following reply from Jimmy at Southsoft!  I don't
have time right now to look it over in detail but a quick run-through
looks very positive.  I'll compose a response with the additional
suggestions which have been submitted later today or tomorrow.

Ralph
rpcohen@neurotron.com
          Wed, 1 Sep 1999 10:47:29 -0400
>From: "PMMail OS/2 Support" <pmmailos2@southsoft.com>
>To: "Ralph Cohen" <rpcohen@neurotron.com>
>Date: Wed, 01 Sep 1999 10:52:02 -0400
>Subject: Re: Update plans?

Here you go, as a reminder this is from my last from back in March.  It
is far
from complete and is only items that they Beta-testers had at the time.

I just spoke to the boss and he says September for the release now.
I will join your mailing list under another account (It'll be good to
hear what
you have to say, and there is still a lot I need to learn about the
program
especially OS/2).  I will join under another account to keep it
seperate from
my support mail,  I won't be hiding though

jimmy

>BUG: Find in Folders Failure - The Find function for searching folders
>in PMMail/2 doesn't properly and completely search subfolders.

The subfolder search option has been fixed

>BUG: Timed Fetch Failure - Sometimes PMMail stops fetching the mail at
>the prescribed timed intervals for no apparent reason.

Haven't heard, but if it was common as in the mailing list, I'm sure it
probably has.

>BUG: 'Not Found' Message Missing - When using the FIND function in the
>message read window, 'Not Found' conditions not reported in PMMail/2 as
>they are in PMMail98

This has been added

>BUG: Spell Checker - Certain words such as the plural of the words
>"yoyo" and "yo-yo" cause PMMail/2 to hang when they are spell checked.

The spellchecker has been updated and will feature a dictionary of
other 125,000
words.  I believe the old one was 60,000.

>FEATURE - Allow the selection of printer fonts independent of the
>display fonts.

You can now fully customize the way your printed email looks.  I don't
have
a complete description of what it entails regarding to fonts.

>FEATURE - Provide a 'Fetch All Accounts' function for PMMail 98 as in
>PMMail/2.

This has been done

>FEATURE - Add a 'Find' function to the Edit Message Window.

I don't have anything on this, but there has been a find dded to the
addressbook

>FEATURE - Improved spell checker with more relevant suggested
>replacements for misspelled words.

125000 words now and contractions

>FEATURE - IMAP support

It is a planned feature, I am not sure about  this release. I haven't
heard anything.

>FEATURE - Add CUT, COPY and PASTE functions to RMB pop-up in editing
>window.

SOme RMB options were added, don't know if they are in the editing
window though

>FEATURE - Allow the printing out of text that has been blocked or the
>printing of a particular page instead of the entire document.

Not sure about this regarding the new printing functions