"redraw" crash

Brian Morrison pmmail@rpglink.com
Thu, 02 Sep 1999 13:39:37 +0100

On Thu, 02 Sep 99 08:28:26 -0500, Ray wrote:

>>Can you describe this a bit more carefully? Redraw of what exactly, I
>>don't recall any such crashes myself, but maybe I'm looking at the
>>wrong thing.
>
>Often I'm composing in another window (usually
>Xywrite) and I'll switch back to a "Compose New
>Message" window with Alt-Tab -- if I do it too
>"quickly" the switch seems to hang for a moment, and
>not only won't I get back to Pmmail/2 (actually it
>seems to happen with the main PMMail window as well)
>but my system will freeze up utterly -- usually the
>mouse disappears.  It looks as tho PMM has the focus
>but can't redraw itself on the screen; moreover when I
>do the three-finger to reboot, strangely, the last
>thing to happen before the "The system is rebooting"
>thing shows up is that the window will appear.

Hmm, no I don't get this sort of thing, and I have PMMail running all
the time the system is up. I am using a S3 Trio 64V+ card, with the old
3.03.16 driver. I have never seen this type of hang.

Can you detail your system level, FPs applied etc, 3rd party WPS utils
and all that? Maybe it is something odd you have. I have FP10, OD 2.01,
Process Commander and a few other odds like the old IBM extdesk.

 'The village populace is jumpin' on faces, catchin' the javelin,
 Headin' the shot.' [FX: wet thud - "Oooo.."]