Death Knell for OS/2 Client - what does this have to do with PMMAIL?

Brian Morrison pmmail@rpglink.com
Tue, 21 Sep 1999 16:34:39 +0100

On Tue, 21 Sep 1999 08:24:35 -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:

>Monday, September 20, 1999, 7:12:56 PM, John wrote:
>> I can continue to use OS/2 for as long as it meets my needs, regardless of
>> whether IBM releases a new version of the OS/2 client operating system.
>> PMMAIL likewise.
>
>    I'd love to see that when the hardware support is no longer there.

Well, if he doesn't change his hardware then. Also, note that a lot of
drivers have appeared on DDPak in the last month or two. USB is
becoming supported for various devices. It's as good as it ever was I
think.

The nastiest rumour I've heard is that the Software Choice stuff will
be unavailable without a subscription, the free stuff will go. Someone
posted this on Usenet, but was immediately followed up by someone who
said he was glad that he hadn't been the one to break his NDA with IBM.
Sounds awfully like it's true. This apparently will occur sometime in
the fourth quarter. I'd go and get everything you need from there now
if I were you.

 'The village populace is jumpin' on faces, catchin' the javelin,
 Headin' the shot.' [FX: wet thud - "Oooo.."]