SMTP Not Working

Cristian Secara pmmail@rpglink.com
Fri, 24 Sep 1999 11:59:26 +0300

On Thu, 23 Sep 1999 18:17:29 -0700 (PDT), Atomic Frog wrote:

>My SMTP doesn't seem to be working anymore. I used to grab
>things from my POP server and send them off via SMTP, however, it
>stopped working in the past few weeks. I don't believe I've made a
>change in my settings.

I suspect that your SMTP is something outside the domain you are
calling in.
BTW - do you have direct network access or dial-up ?

It is an usual practice for a mail server to deny any send request that
comes from IP locations outside the firewall (anti-spam reasons).
It may happen the mail server simply introduced usual restrictions 'in
the past few weeks'.
If this is the case, contact the server admin and try somehow to use a
machine from its subdomains for your network connection.
Alternatively, for mail sending, you can use a SMTP address that
belongs to the server you are currently using for network connection
(if the server has mail service) and keep the old address for receiving
mail only.

Best wishes,
	Cristi