Attachments

Brian Morrison pmmail@rpglink.com
Fri, 24 Sep 1999 16:03:08 +0100

On Fri, 24 Sep 1999 10:34:42 -0400, Michael Vislocky wrote:

>The long quest to find the evasive PMMail list is finally over.  I've
>been searching for months.
>
>I suspect this subject has been discussed and probably resolved many
>times so please forgive the repetition.
>
>PMMail98 (v 4.10.1998) has problems decoding SOME attachments that
>other clients (like Outlook Express) seem to handle without a problem.
>The attachment shows up as "Unnamed Attachment 1.ATT" and, when saved,
>cannot be opened.  The same file is decoded by Outlook Express as (for
>example) "table.zip."
>
>Most files, however, are decoded correctly and appear with their
>correct names in the attachment bar.
>
>Perhaps someone would take the time to summarize the issue or, if the
>solution is documented somewhere, please direct me there.

The best thing to do is to use the view full message option and see
what the MIME type is for the part in question. I've seen recently that
someone who uses a multi-part inline PGP signature confuses PMMail so
this it does not show the second part (although it shows the first).

If you tell us the details of the problem, we can probably work out
what's happening. I've just looked for a few mails that have the
attachment named as you describe, and I can save it no problem.

BTW, the PMMail version you should be quoting is 2.01.1600, the
4.10.1998 is the Windows version that PMMail reports in its X-Mailer
header line.

 'The village populace is jumpin' on faces, catchin' the javelin,
 Headin' the shot.' [FX: wet thud - "Oooo.."]