SMTP Not Working

Brian Morrison pmmail@rpglink.com
Fri, 24 Sep 1999 19:10:00 +0100

On Fri, 24 Sep 1999 10:51:04 -0700 (PDT), Nuclear Bob wrote:

>=> Implement my own SMTP server. From what I gather, this is possible with
>"sendmail". Fortunately, I am still happily running that dead OS, OS/2,
>which comes with sendmail. How do I configure PMMail/2 and/or sendmail to
>talk with each other?

Have a look for a package called umsmtp03.zip and (I think)
smtpkit1.zip, looking in ftp://ftp.demon.co.uk/pub/os2 would be a good
idea. I'm not sure whether the smtpkit1.zip file will be there, it
might be worth doing an ftp search for it.

I use OS/2 sendmail 2.02 and this setup to send and receive mail from
my ISP (they deliver by smtp as the primary means) and my clients
connect locally to sendmail to deliver mail. I use a fallback MX host,
my ISP's smarthost, so that if I don't get through direct the smart
host continues trying while I'm offline.

If you can't find these packages, I will try to send them to you myself
from home. Let me know...

 'The village populace is jumpin' on faces, catchin' the javelin,
 Headin' the shot.' [FX: wet thud - "Oooo.."]