SMTP Not Working

Brian Morrison pmmail@rpglink.com
Fri, 24 Sep 1999 19:26:40 +0100

On Fri, 24 Sep 1999 11:10:08 -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:

>    Uhm, I'm not sure but what I can tell you is that the sendmail in OS/2 is
>not *THE* sendmail.  IE, it isn't the sendmail that most variants of unix come
>with.  It is an IBM hack (I am being kind) that has the same name and might
>provide a bare functionality of the real sendmail.

Steve is correct in some ways. Sendmail 2.02 for OS/2 is a port of unix
sendmail 5.6.5 which is old, currently 8.9.3 is the version recommended
for unix.

However, the OS/2 version will work pretty much how you require. I
still haven't worked out how to prevent relaying, but I think it should
be OK if you aren't on line a lot with a fixed IP address.

 'The village populace is jumpin' on faces, catchin' the javelin,
 Headin' the shot.' [FX: wet thud - "Oooo.."]