Attachments

Phill Erasmus pmmail@rpglink.com
Fri, 24 Sep 1999 20:29:28 +0200

On Fri, 24 Sep 1999 10:34:42 -0400, Michael Vislocky wrote:

>PMMail98 (v 4.10.1998) has problems decoding SOME attachments that
>other clients (like Outlook Express) seem to handle without a problem.
>The attachment shows up as "Unnamed Attachment 1.ATT" and, when saved,
>cannot be opened.  The same file is decoded by Outlook Express as (for
>example) "table.zip."

We came accross a similar problem at the office - It turned out that
certain versions of Outlook defaults to sending messages as Rich Text.
Change this setting in this version of Outlook to send as plain text fixes
the problem. I think that Outlook 98 was one of the versions to default to
this Rich Text type message. I suppose just another way for M$ to try and
set its own standards.............?

Regards,
Phillip