Another suggestion for next release

Steve Lamb pmmail@rpglink.com
Tue, 28 Sep 1999 13:09:15 -0700

Tuesday, September 28, 1999, 12:07:49 PM, John wrote:
> Speaking of linux, wouldn't it be great of 'they' would port PMMail to
> linux. I'm dying for a decent email client to run on KDE or Gnome.

    It would.  However, I don't know if the current crop of users would really
take to it.  First, it would be proprietary.  Second, the prevailing train of
thought on the Unix side of the fence is that mail is *really* three processes
that must be separated.  Transport, delivery and the user agent.  It is this
flawed reasoning that has kept the community from developing a decent client
that is usable by people who need certain functionality in which the
MTA/MDA/MUA model fails.