don't like HTML email? here's your fix.

David Gaskill pmmail@rpglink.com
Sat, 01 Apr 2000 12:02:14 +0100

On Sat, 01 Apr 2000 07:29:45 +0200 (CED), Alexander Sarras wrote:

>But as long as it lasts _nobody_ at the institute I work is getting _any_
>support for pc-related problems if the problem is submitted to the
>support-contact as HTML-email!
>
>And that rule works. Wanna do ya job --> dont't use html in emails !

Alexander,

I am delighted to hear that you have taken the first steps to prevent
those that attempt to communicate in anything other than ASCII from
communicating at all. I feel however that a great deal more needs to be
done.

For example when an e-mail in html format is received an auto
responder could dispatch a virus which would wipe the senders hard
drive and then install a small application that would ensure that any
subsequent attempt to install a Microsoft operating system would
result,at the very least , in the destruction of the machine's processor .

This will not of course deal with the problem of clandestine html. It
could be that some members of the Institute might conceal computers in
their cellars and late at night dispatch html e-mails.

This problem is only going to be eliminated by frequent and rigorous
searches of the institute member's houses. These searches could be
combined with verification that members of the Institute are only
wearing clothing which has been manufactured from fabric that has
been woven on hand looms ...

David