Message IDs (was Re: PGP: sequencing messages)

Steve Lamb pmmail@rpglink.com
Wed, 5 Apr 2000 11:21:28 -0700

Wednesday, April 05, 2000, 11:17:15 AM, Simon wrote:
> This is ideal for mailing lists like this, but it does need some work (sent
> messsages would not want to go into the sent folder, but would stay in the
> folder from which the reply was generated - possibly the same effect could
> be acheived using filters that could be shipped with the product?).

    Why?  Didn't you just get this message from the list?  If not, turn on
"ECHOPOST" on Listar for yourself and you will.  Tada, insta-threading with
all messages there.

    As for non-mailing lists I much prefer TB!'s approach.  CNTL-BACKSPACE has
it nab the MSGID from the In-Reply-To or References header and search for that
in the headers of the sent-mail folder.  If found, opens up that message which
is, tadaaaaaa, the response.

    Be that as it may, yes, it can be achieved with the filters and that is
where it should remain.  :)