Message IDs (was Re: PGP: sequencing messages)

Simon Bowring pmmail@rpglink.com
Mon, 10 Apr 2000 14:49:55 +0100 (BST)

On Wed, 05 Apr 2000 15:23:04 -0300 (ADT), Trevor Smith wrote:

>PMMail/2 doesn't have to generate the message IDs to support
>threading by them.
It does really - how is pmmail going to correctly thread the
replies that I *send* amongst the received messages?

It could be done by other means, but adding the message id
from within PMMail would mean the same "logic" that threads the
incoming messages could be used to thread the messages that I
*send* to that thread! [Hope this makes sense].

Without adding message ids, PMMail would have to maintain a
separate independant tally of which of my outgoing messages
are responses to which incoming mails!

>I agree, this is a needed feature and has been
>requested many times.
Ok, thanks - I won't hold my breath!

Simon