Attachments loose their names!

Simon Bowring pmmail@rpglink.com
Wed, 12 Apr 2000 11:45:39 +0100 (BST)

On Wed, 12 Apr 2000 09:56:36 +0200 (MEST), Joachim F. Selinger wrote:

>fashion.
>
>This is also true for Netscape-Mail.
>
>How come PMMail/2 doesn't correctly decode this filename?

Possiby because the "Content-Disposition" is *primarily*
intended to convey *how* the email attachments are presented to
the user, e.g. whether they should be decoded and displayed in-line,
or not.

I totally agree that PMMail should respect the filename specified
in this manner (but it is not strictly breaking the standard by
ignoring it!).

See http://www.brl.ntt.co.jp/people/akihiro/rfc/rfc2183.html

Have you emailed blueprint (AFAIK Posting to this list is not an
"official" way of reporting bugs and requeting features)?

BTW: Can you send me an email that exhibits this problem,
     (I'd like to see the full headers)?

Simon